Do you have to send packages to soldiers in Afghanistan?
Getting packages from home matters a lot to soldiers overseas. To ensure that food, clothes or other items reach them in Afghanistan, you have to send packages properly, per strict regulations. There’s an old saying that there’s a right way to do things, a wrong way and then the military way. You have to know the military way.
How do you make a good care package?
Care package ideas:
- Stress ball or fidget spinner.
- Coffee (or a gift card to a coffee shop)
- Water bottle.
- Healthy snacks like granola bars, dried fruit, mixed nuts or trail mix.
- Study supplies like notecards, highlighters, colored pens and sticky notes.
- Candy and chocolate.
- Chewing gum.
- Stress relief candle.
What can I send to a female soldier in Afghanistan?
What to Include in your Care Package
- High-quality socks (I have to put this first, because some high-quality socks will make the toughest soldier smile with delight)
- Soap (shampoo, body wash, face wash, etc.)
- Toothpaste, toothbrush and floss.
- Deodorant (travel size/non-aerosol)
- Lip balm.
- Foot powder.
- Baby wipes.
How can I send care packages for free?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers a free “Military Care Kit” with the necessary supplies for sending packages overseas, including boxes, packing tape and customs forms. Visit the USPS website to get your free kit, which will be shipped to you and arrive at your doorstep within 5 to 7 business days.
What can I send a Marine in Afghanistan?
- Coffee, hot cocoa mix, coffee mixes, tea.
- Lemonade mix, Koolaid mix, Tang mix, Gatorade mix (pre-sweetened)
- Gum, Lifesavers, Mints.
- Nuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, trail mix.
- Power bars, protein bars, nutritional bars.
- Beef jerky, beef summer sausage (non-perishable; labeled USDA Beef)
How long does it take to get a package from Iraq to Afghanistan?
Mail is then sent via the Army Postal Service once it leaves the country. Expect packages to take 10 – 20 days to arrive, depending on time of year. For more information on sending a package to Iraq or Afghanistan, see How To Ship a Package to Iraq or Afghanistan and US Postal Service APO Shipping FAQ .
What can I send to Afghanistan?
How to Send a Care Package to Your Soldier in Afghanistan
- Chocolate candy.
- Cup o Noodles.
- Ramen noodles.
- Pop tarts.
- Granola bars.
- Canned chicken/tuna.
What do soldiers actually want in care packages?
Here are some military care package ideas that are appreciated by service members: Necessities, such as sunblock, socks, underwear, flip-flops, lip balm and powder. Snacks, including chips, salsa, nuts, cookies, beef jerky, non-melting candy and trail mix in packaging that isn’t easily crushed.
Can you mail packages to troops in Iraq?
You have to know the military way. This changes as the rules change: At time of writing, there’s no military mail service for troops in Iraq. There’s no point to sending something the soldier will never see. In Afghanistan, that includes the following:
What should I send to a soldier in the military?
You can send battery operated models if you want, but a standard plastic one will do just fine. Mouthwash is a good idea for those soldiers who really take their minty-freshness seriously. Find it next to the toothbrushes and related supplies. Baby wipes are the king of combat supplies.
What can I send to a soldier overseas?
Care Package Ideas for Soldiers Overseas
- Snack bars (we send a lot of Moose Crunch Bars)
- Small, hard containers of snacks.
- Snack cakes.
- Cheese crackers.
- Candy (avoid chocolate)
- Sunflower seeds.
What can you send to soldiers in basic?
What You Can Send to Your Soldier in Basic Training
- Address book.
- Baby wipes, unscented.
- Bar soap, unscented.
- Black Pens.
- Cash less than $50.
- Dental floss Deodorant, unscented.
- Digital watch (black band)
What can you not put in a military care package?
What not to Send
- DON’T send adult entertainment, alcohol or drugs (these items are illegal and can get the soldier in trouble)
- DON’T send aerosols or pressurized products.
- DON’T send firearms or ammunition (we’re already armed and this is illegal)
- DON’T send perishable foods.